" My Style Lounge: unbasic basics

Sunday, February 3, 2008

unbasic basics

J.Crew is obviously ready for spring. As I peered through the windows, there was plethora of bold and bright colors. In fashion or not, I love neon colors. Fortunately, neon was prevalent in the spring runway shows.

When I need basics, I turn to J.Crew. I've enjoyed their favorite tanks, tissue-weight tees, and skinny cords. They continue to surprise me with their offerings. I love the classic shapes, the abundance of color choices, the quality, and the comfort of their clothing. You don't have to torture yourself to look good (okay... maybe your feet).

There were many things that caught my eye just from the entrance of the store. Here are a few items that will be on my Watch List:

1. Gayle ruffle trench coat- I've been wanting a trench coat, some of a more classic Burberry-style, but who can really resist the the ruffle trim along the neck and edges. The only problem I will be having is deciding between bright flame and dune. Retails for $250.







2. Cashmere shrunken shawl cardigan- Available in eighteen colors and all equally beautiful, this cardigan was a standout on the mannequin window. Can you really resist cashmere? Retails for $185.



3. Kate dress- This dress will easily transition from your winter wardrobe to your spring/ summer one. Right now, pair it with a turtleneck or a grandfather cardigan, tights, and boots. Then, top it off with some fierce jewelry and you have a winning look. When warm weather approaches, wear it with some gladiator sandals. Retails for $98.

No comments: