" My Style Lounge: thinking of pollock

Saturday, March 15, 2008

thinking of pollock

I went through a sort of metamorphosis today trying to create a suitable outfit. Again, I pulled something from the closet that I hadn't worn in a long time- the dress. It makes me think of Jackson Pollock with the splashes of navy against the white "canvas." There are many interesting details of the dress that the picture doesn't capture. There are suspender like straps along the front that crisscross in the back. Buttons are assymetrically placed near the neckline. There is also a drawstring along the hem.

In my first attempt, I had on a navy long cardigan to complement the blue in my dress. After seeing the photos taken, I noticed that the outfit was kind of blah. There is something about belts that just turns a whole outfit around so I experimented with one. The belt broke the monotony of the pattern and the cardigan was changed for another one to coordinate with the belt. I kept the jewelry simple since the dress, in itself, is rather busy.

Built by Wendy dress
Club Monaco cardigan
Mike & Chris platform heels

Built by Wendy dress
Original Penguin cardigan
a Common Thread belt
Mike & Chris platform heels and clutch
Ioselliani necklace
Banana Republic bangles

No comments: