" My Style Lounge: ready for summer

Sunday, March 30, 2008

ready for summer

A friend and I got together because it was long overdue. She suggested we go shopping (of course). I didn't have a problem with that because my last Gap purchase wasn't what I had hoped and needed to go back to the store.

While at the Gap, I noticed that they had two styles from the Pierre Hardy collection for Gap (aka Design Editions). I thought they were only going to be available online or in New York. Lucky me, they had the triple strap platforms that I have been craving. Unlucky me, they only had my size in the khaki fabric and I really wanted the brown leather. No problem... another Gap would have it and was just a few minutes drive away. In the meantime, I picked up the double breasted sweater, too. I don't plan to wear it as intended. I like the slouchy affect it has when left open.

On the Fashion Spot, I noticed that someone posted a picture of themselves wearing a pair of alice + olivia for Payless wedges. They were uber cute but I wondered- Do they also look uber cheap? The mall happened to have a Payless so I stopped by. To my surprise, they were as sublime in person as seen on the forum. I had to have them. Funny thing... my friend did, too.

Finally, I knew that Old Navy was having a huge sale. When I went in, I found canvas wedges that I couldn't pass up. I've been admiring other brands with a similar style but at $23.99, I knew these were the ones meant for me. Having difficulty deciding between black or tan/ brown (I don't know which color they are), I just took both. Why not?

Okay, okay... I got a lot of platform wedges. Though similar in style, they are all uniquely different. I love the fact that I will have extra height without extra pain.

And yes, I said I was on a shopping ban (sort of speaking). It's kind of hard for me.

Pierre Hardy for Gap (Design Editions) triple strap platforms in brown leather $98

Old Navy canvas wedge originally $34.50, on sale $23.99

Old Navy canvas wedge originally $34.50, on sale $23.99

alice + olivia for Payless Adain wedge in lime green originally $40, on sale $32.99

No comments: