" My Style Lounge: to be or not to be?- jellies

Saturday, March 1, 2008

to be or not to be?- jellies

I grew up wearing jellies. My mom bought me a pair in every color and every style. You could say they've left me with a nostalgic, happy memory of simpler days. Surprisingly, they came back a few years ago and they don't seem to be going anywhere.

Tonight, I was browsing the J.Crew website and checked out their "new arrivals" when I found some jelly ballet flats. To say the least, I find them to be adorable and a mature take of what I wore in early years past. They also remind me of a pair I saw by Marc Jacobs. Now, I need to decide if I should get them; if so, should it be from J.Crew or Marc Jacobs; or should I just buy a pair in both. I recently received a gift card for my birthday and a pair of shoes might be a perfect way to spend it.

Aside from gladiator sandals (and my beloved Haviana flip flops), I'm daydreaming of other shoes to wear for the upcoming warmer months. A pair of jelly flats seem like the perfect fit. What do you think? Was it meant to be?


J.Crew jelly ballet flats- $45.00



Marc Jacobs jelly ballet flats- $160

No comments: