" My Style Lounge: can't say no

Saturday, April 26, 2008

can't say no

I'm a sucker for deals and I can't help myself. I read on the Purse Forum about Saks Family and Friends discount and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a pair of Tom Ford sunglasses with 25% off. So, I went to the mall.

While there, It was essential to check out Gap's Design Editions. I was hoping to see the patchwork shirt by Band of Outsiders but I had no such luck. I had tried on the Phillip Lim blouses earlier and wasn't feeling them at all.

Since Old Navy was right above the Gap (Banana Republic, Gap, and Old Navy are one on top of the other in the old Saks space), I thought I would stop by. I ended up finding this button front linen blend dress in plaid for $29.50. The solid cream and black ones first got my attention, but when I saw the plaid one, I knew I had to try it on. It's much brighter and colorful in person and oh so flattering.


Next stop was Saks. I have been wanting a pair of Tom Ford sunglasses since this past Easter. My brother, his girlfriend, and I played around at a sunglass store and I loved every Tom Ford pair I tried on. Their perfect for my big ol' head. My selection was limited but I ended up with a pair called Julia. I thought I wanted something more like Claudia, Whitney, or Raquel but the sales associate thought Julia was my match.


I picked up some beauty products while at Saks, too. It's not often that you get 15% off cosmetics which is way better than a gift with purchase.


(from left to right) Laura Mercier foundation powder (I never wear powder but it's good to have and maybe I'll start), Chanel eye makeup remover (this stuff rocks- effective and gentle), Chanel Inimitable mascara (I hope it's as good as they say), Kiehl's Original Musk eau de toilette (heaven in a bottle), and Kiehl's Original Musk shower gel

No comments: