" My Style Lounge: barneys sale

Sunday, June 22, 2008

barneys sale

As you already know, I've hit up the Barneys sale. Last week, they were more markdowns up to 60% off. Many things were added to the sale while others reached their second markdown. I suggest you run to Barneys and take advantage of what's left to be had.

Tip#1
You're gambling if you decide to order online. Supposedly, the inventory is taken from stores so they are not completely accurate. Once, I made the mistake of ordering something like six pairs of jeans but only one came in the mail. $12 to ship six pairs was okay but not to ship one.

Tip#2
Use the website to pre-shop. Find what you like and make a list of it. Then, call or visit your local Barneys to see if they have those items. The website might say there is one size left but your Barneys might have more. I wouldn't have found my new Chloes if I hadn't done this.

Tip#3
Keep your receipt. If the price goes down further, they will price adjust. I don't know the allowed period but if you have a really nice sales associate, they will bend over backwards for you.

If I could spend more, I would get the things below. They are ridiculously marked down. Why pay full price if you don't have to?


Marc by Marc Jacobs tie waist polo $59

Ella Moss striped jersey dress $79

Generra wrap dress $79

Mike & Chris cropped jacket $99

Helmut Lang drape front dress $99

Wayne bubble dress $109

Rag & Bone side button blouse $119

Helmut Lang coated linen mini dress $119

Marc by Marc Jacobs airliner French purse $129

Goldsign 'Misfit' jeans $139

Vince belted anorak $139

Rodnik 'Ludwig Van' top $159

Alexander Wang snap front cami $159

Acne Jeans guide tank dress $189

3.1 Phillip Lim fan dress $189

Marc Jacobs 'Trompe L'Oeil' flat clutch $199

Michelle Mason ruffle mini dress $219

APC classic trench $229

Vena Cava 'Truesdale' dress $279

Kooba 'Bobby' clutch $299