" My Style Lounge: maybe fringe is not so bad

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

maybe fringe is not so bad

Fringe is not something new. Surprisingly, this trend has been hanging around for quite some time. I haven't fallen for fringe until I saw Topshop's Flavio fringe sandal. Aside from the sweet wedge heel, I love the dainty fringe detail along the front of the shoe.


Topshop Flavio fringe sandal 40GBP



On a shopping trip that included Old Navy, I saw the sweetest little, leather bag that had fringe hanging along the bottom. I was oddly attracted to it but I passed. Can you guess? I'm regretting that decision. I was hoping to see it online but, for some reason, the exact same bag had no fringe. Huh? (Maybe, it will still be there today.)

I started to talk to a couple friends about this trend, particularly the Minnetonka booties, and I had to re-evaluate my feelings about fringe. I can say that I'm starting to catch on and suddenly, I need a pair of Minnetonkas NOW. If you have a pair, tell me how you like them.


Minnetonka suedge back zip bootie $35



Then, I was looking through an Urban Outfitters catalog that I got in the mail and it got me noticing more fringe. I think I need some fringe.


on the fringe necklace $18

Morningstar fringe necklace $38

Dean suede fringe tote $188

4 comments:

girl6_nyc said...

I have the Topshop Flavio fringe sandals & love them to death. My fave purchase so far this s/s 08. Also they only took a week to arrive to nyc.

wroxton said...

I'm so glad that you love your sandals. Do they fit true to size? Would you say they are narrow, medium, or wide?

girl6_nyc said...

I wear a size 8 so I ordered a size 39 & they fit perfectly. Theyre medium.... you should get them, theyre perfection.

wroxton said...

Oh, I think it's too late. I just checked and there is only size 39 left in brown and 40 in nude. I wear a size 7 so- NO DICE. C'est la vie! Enjoy them for the both of us.