" My Style Lounge: a peculiar place

Monday, June 23, 2008

a peculiar place

Hubby and I went to Ikea today. I'm a sucker for commercials and a recent Ikea commercial was so funny, I had to go. It was announcing the current sale though I didn't see much on sale. We spent over two hours looking at everything, sitting on sofas, and just plain playing around. Every time I liked something, the first thing I said was, "Does this look cheap?" No matter how much you like the design, you really have to acknowledge the crappy quality. I wonder if people in Sweden love Ikea as much as people do in the States.

Anyways, we bought a mirror for above the bedroom dresser, a plant with a pot, some hangers, and some plain pillows. I bought fabric LAST YEAR with intentions to make pillow covers. Maybe I will fulfill this project this summer.

As you might have noticed, my hair is looking pretty slick. I am having one of those bad hair days. I don't know how much time I spent trying to fix my hair. The end result was slicked hair. Hey... that's all I could do. I am so grateful now for my Friday hair appointment (that I made three weeks ago).

Marc by Marc Jacobs top
Anna Sui camisole
Paper Denim jeans
Kenneth Cole Reaction sandals
J.Crew necklace
gold bangles from Mom
SYdney Evan bracelet
Vita bangle

No comments: