" My Style Lounge: right before my eyes

Thursday, June 26, 2008

right before my eyes

Remember the mood rings of grade school days? Somehow, they were suppose to determine your mood by the ever changing color. I don't remember having one but I do remember finding them peculiar. There were also pencils that changed color once you gripped them. Now, I like those. But then, I like pencils of all assortments. Back in the late 80s and early 90s, there were color changing t-shirts by Generra Hypercolor but I barely remember those. I guess I didn't have one.

Every once in awhile, I like to go to the American Apparel website and check out their "coming soon" section. I was a bit intrigued when I saw that they were carrying their own thermochromatic t-shirts... shirts "made with a temperature sensitive pigment that changes between two colors - one when cold, one when warm." It brings me back to days of mood rings and color changing pencils. Hmmm... if the shirt starts to change to a light color, could you say that you are getting excited, nervous, or anxious?

It also says "avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight." I wonder what would happen. Supposedly, your shirt would get ruined but how? Anyways, the idea is pretty cool. If only they made such a shirt in one of their deep v-necks, my American Apparel t-shirt of choice. If you like them, you can get your hands on one now.


American Apparel unisex thermochromatic sheer jersey t-shirt $34

Soon after, I would discover the label ANZEVINO and FLORENCE and their own version of color change clothing. If you have a few extra bucks to spare, I would go this route. I prefer the boatneck cut and raw edge detail of their T. They also have an equally fabulous tank dress. I want one of each!


ANZEVINO and FLORENCE colour change t $68

ANZEVINO and FLORENCE colour change tank dress $84

1 comment:

Sunsparkle said...

FYI: If the shirts are left too long in direct sunlight, they permanently stay the "hot" color.

...and I totally remember the color changing pencils!! how fun!