" My Style Lounge: shopbop sale

Sunday, June 15, 2008

shopbop sale

The sales have already begun for some retailers and are about to begin for others for spring merchandise. I'm changing Sunday's regular posts of spring/ summer must haves and dedicating it to sales (don't worry, Sundays will switch back soon enough and must haves will return with the first returning post about jeans (jeans take research)).

Sales are a bit of a blessing and torture at the same time. There are some times when I have my heart set on something and just waiting for a deep discount. There are other times where I get completely distracted from my so called shopping plan and buy up a storm.

Last week, Shopbop had some new markdowns and I started to check it out last Friday night. And this is one of those times I got distracted by buying three items that I had no plans of buying. Let's just hope they are worth it.

1. First, there was the Goldsign jeans. On a shopping trip to Barneys last spring, I was looking for some skinny jeans. My lovely sales associate handed me a few pairs of Goldsign and J.Brand to try on. You should already know by now that I'm very skeptical of J.Brand while Goldsign was never a brand I noticed before. I ended up liking two styles by Goldsign- Envy and Misfit. Unfortunately, I was looking for a dark denim wash and these pairs were more a black/ blue color... very odd. Both the sales associate and I couldn't accurately describe the color though I knew it wasn't what I was looking for. I should also mention that Goldsign has a very unique button closure that I likey very much. Okay... to the point, Shopbop had a pair of Misfit at 70% off... cha ching! I hope they are the kind of dark denim I'm looking for.


Goldsign misfit jean in Trent $58.80


2. Then, I was swayed by a pair of shoes that remind me very much of the boot/ sock sandal (whichever name floats your boat) but in a much more wearable version for someone not so tall or not so skinny like me. They were half off and I would have waited if it wasn't for the fact that there was only one left in my size in this lovely red color.


Joie Shoes young love thong sandal $110


3. Finally, I ended my purchase with a brand I never noticed before but quickly drawing me in- Binneti. The top is so flowy and pretty. I've been wanting something like this. At 70% off, how could I say no.


Binetti The Beatles top $101.40


So... I didn't do too bad! But there was surely more that I wanted beyond these three items. I've made a list of things that are purchase worthy. Keeping it to deep discounts, everything has been marked down 50-70% off. I'm a bit scared to publish this post but happy at the same time. 1: You buy up everything from the list below and I won't have to keep tabs on them anymore. 2: You buy up everything from the list below and I won't be able to buy them anymore. I swear... it's a lose, lose situation!


Rachel Pally swing camisole $43.50

Jorge Morales leaf necklace $62.50
(darn... it's gone!)

Neal Sperling Christina dress $81.90
(wow... it's already gone, too)

Millions of Smiles striped long cardigan $97.50

Millions of Smiles striped 3/4 sleeve top $97.50

Mayle Baby Billie bag $115.50

Ella Moss Black Label Erin blouse $119

Joie shoes island girl braided rope sandal $122.50

Pollini Studio Pollini suede open toe wedge $132

Rachel Comey Bollen two piece sandal $132.50

Rachel Comey ravel sling back sandal $132.50

Neal Sperling Sophia racer back tank dress $136.50

Hanii Y chain strap stripe dress $149.10

Rachel Comey Aster crisscross sandal $150

Opening Ceremony cutout sling back flat $154

Malababa big Bivi bag $155.40

AKA New York strapless flutter dress $174.50
(There's a pretty yellow one, too.)

Martine Sitbon cascade pocket bag $179.50

Murphy organic kimono cardigan $184.80

Lauren Merkin Sophie duffel $197.50

Tapeet open toe platform wedge $197.50

Tashkent by Cheyenne the Charlton laser cut flat $198

Murphy Natasha v-neck sweater $200.20

Malababa medium Rafaela bag $207

Murphy Ella long cardigan $215.60
(GONE!)

Bing Bang Clara satchel $286

Kale terra bag $312.50

Daryl K short sleeve lip bomber cardigan $455



Act fast because as you can see, since Friday when I started creating this post, things are selling out! I'm really bummed about the necklace.

1 comment:

Sunsparkle said...

Although I'm not a big fan of slingbacks, (they just don't fit my feet right), the Opening Ceremnoy ones look great!