" My Style Lounge: i'm a chictopia.com lurker

Monday, July 21, 2008

i'm a chictopia.com lurker

There are so many forums, social network communities, etc. to help me get my fashion fix of what others are wearing. Sometimes, it can get overwhelming. I mean... how many places do you/I really need to post your/my outfits? For awhile, I posted on teamsugar and the Fashion Spot. I posted and continue to post on My Style Diary but, for me, it truly is a diary to remind myself of my successes and my faux pas. I'm on the fence about joining Chictopia.

In the meantime, I'll just visit Chictopia and admire all the stylish folks. There are so many inspiring people. Each day, I have a new favorite Chictopian. My current favorite is melonade. Her style is chic, simple, and understated yet interesting. I want to be friends with her. I bet she's a lot of fun.

She also has two of the coolest bags that are now on my must have list. They are by Hayden-Harnett. I've always been a fan of Hayden-Harnett but my interest started to wane after buying a MILLION of their bags (in which two were given to my sister). Then, I saw melonade's and my love for Hayden-Harnett has been rekindled. Now, I just have to wait for another sale (and they just had one, too... DAMN).


Lido Quilted Leather Hobo in black patent $485

Tharpe Hobo in yam $548

4 comments:

Fruchtzwerg said...

do it! Just join chictopia, it's unbelieveable how many stylish people are walking around there.

wroxton said...

I know... I keep seeing more and more people with amazing style. I forgot to mention in the post that though there are so many outlets to show your looks, I seem to want to go to Chictopia before the others. We'll see if I become a Chictopian.

lulu said...

Hey there! I think you should just join. I mean, one of the greatest aspects of Chictopia is our ability to search by users by your shape and size too, a feature I think many people miss out on by lurking. Also we're going to be having a lot more going on in the next month! come play with us :D

Melanie said...

Join, join!! It's so fun and easy to use (and honestly, way better than StyleDiary). And thank you for the nice comments - I'm glad I'm actually more on the "interesting" side of simple than the "boring" side. ;-)

Also, I have to say that the Lido bag has grown on me... initially I was a bit upset b/c those turnlocks on the flap are purely decorative, and I didn't realize that until my order arrived! And b/c of the stiff patent leather, the flap sticks out a little all the time. The Tharpe is a great bag all-around though. The leather feels like butter! Mmm.