" My Style Lounge: kale is not just a vegetable

Thursday, July 17, 2008

kale is not just a vegetable

I have been a fan of Kale handbags for quite awhile. The leather is luscious and you can't help but swoon over the fuchsia suede interior. The design of the bags are classic but modern at the same time.

Living in a city that is obsessed with Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Coach, or some other huge brand, it's hard to find the obscure, smaller labels. And that's why there is Barneys and I'm so happy that my city was bestowed this fabulous store. Last year, I bought a beautiful suede, pine green Kale 'Weyman' clutch from them. I just like to look at it, play with it, and admire its beauty. It will see daylight in August when Hubby and I go to Houston for my cousin's wedding.

Then, I saw the Kale 'Stella' bag on shopbop. They had an exclusive version in fuchsia that is beyond lovely. At $475, the price was a bit steep. (drumroll)... I saw the bag on eBay. After five bids, it was mine. I was stoked. Then, I received the bag and I was a bit disappointed. I didn't realize how short the strap was and I had hopes to wear it as a crossbody bag.



I wasn't going to let a good bag go to waste. I called Kale and ask about changing the strap. Guess who answered the phone? It was Jennifer Kale, one of the sisters behind the label. She is the coolest person ever. She says it's no problem changing the strap. She would check to see if the leather is still available but also suggested a metal chain strap. After several emails, she let me know that they have the leather available and the price for the new strap; and told me to send the bag back to them. I sent the bag to them but I couldn't decide which strap to get (they were the same price) so I let Jennifer make the decision. After consulting her sister, they decided on the metal chain strap. Ooh... I can't wait to get it.

Today, the doorbell rings and I wonder- Is my studded belt from Patricia Field here? No, the box is from Kale. I rip it open and I see my fabuloso bag. I put it on immediately and prounce around the house. I email Jennifer and I tell her how amazing it is. I take pictures. I share it with the world. Isn't it super duper WOW?





Kale is the most amazing handbag label. Who would give you the same kind of service as this? They have amazing communication. They customized my bag and now I have a one of a kind bag. There are just no proper words to say how great they are. Thanks Kale!

No comments: