" My Style Lounge: riding the trolley

Sunday, July 6, 2008

riding the trolley

This morning, to my surprise, Hubby tells me he wants to ride the free trolley in Uptown. I have lived here so long but I had never ridden it before so I was game. It was a fun ride and went much further than I expected.

the Uptown trolley
It runs free everyday for a little bit of sightseeing.

the conductor

me

Afterwards, we stopped by West Elm to buy a shelf, had a late lunch at my favorite Chinese hole in the wall, and stopped by the mall to find some deals at the Gap. They were having additional 25% off all their clearance items. In the last two days, I got a lot. Today, I picked up another pair of Pierre Hardy sandals for $30, a Philip Lim blouse for $7.50, and a white henley tank top with crochet detail along the racerback for $13.50. I also got a pair of short tan boots at Steve Madden... I know, Steve Madden. But they were only $32 after the addtional 20% off discount and they don't scream Steve Madden at all. I would have to say it was a pretty good day.

No comments: