" My Style Lounge: lastest obsession- intarsia cardigans

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

lastest obsession- intarsia cardigans

Intarsia- "a knitting technique used to create patterns with multiple colours." (Wikipedia)

My obsession with intarsia first began when I saw the Twelfth St. by Cynthia Vincent log cabin cardigan. Then I was knocked over when I found out it was sold out before I even had a chance to get it. At $385, my reaction was kind of silly since I would never pay that much. All of a sudden, it came back so now I can just lust, hope, and wish for it. Maybe, I will get lucky and there will be one left for me if it goes to 70% off.

My intarsia obsession doesn't stop there. I'm killing for Mara Hoffman's take on the design. I love the color palette, the abstract butterfly/ insect pattern, the cozy look, and simple design.

In the end, I think I will be getting my intarsia fix with what Urban Outfitters has to offer. They've got two great options at just the right price. I'm so excited. There's nothing in my closet like it. Being a person that keeps buying the same thing over, it can't get better than this!

BDG Intarsia shawl collar cardigan $78

Midnight Sun intarsia cardigan $78
(Expect to land in my closet in the very near future... LOVE LOVE LOVE)

Mara Hoffman intarsia cardigan sweater $308

Mara Hoffman long sleeve wrap sweater $385

Twelfth St. by Cynthia Vincent log cabin cardigan $385

3 comments:

girl6_nyc said...

I remember wearing these sweaters back in the day. I actually bought the first one you posted last week. I cant wait to wear it.

wroxton said...

I haven't heard from you in forever. I was wondering if you were still a reader. That's cool that we both are in an intarsia vibe. When you wear your new cardigan, let me know how you like it.

girl6_nyc said...

I usually just browse blogs, rarely do I ever comment... Im shy I guess.

I'm actually wearing it today, its chilly in NYC today! I like it, its very cozy and kept me warm on my commute. I added a chunky golden brown belt, Im sure you'll like it too.