" My Style Lounge: these shoes aren't made for walkin'

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

these shoes aren't made for walkin'

Sometimes, you love what you buy. Sometimes, you think- what was I thinking? Today, I am MOSTLY having that "I love what I bought" feeling." The belt, necklace, and cuff are some of my favorite things. I wear them to death. I have similar belts to the one I'm wearing but they don't receive the love that I give to this belt. I wish I had it in more colors. The necklace was last year's birthday gift from Hubby and my first and only Iosselliani piece of jewelry. I think it's apparant that I want more. As for the cuff, it's withstood the test of time. Urban Outfitters doesn't (or shouldn't) be associated with lasting jewelry. You probably have had something break, change color, or take part in some other deformity. In the case of this cuff, it looks the same as the day I bought.

Though I don't wear them as often as the above mentioned, I also LOVE the dress and the skirt. The dress makes me happy when I wear it. I bought it over the summer and it was the first time I ever ordered anything from the Gap. It's from the European Collection which you can only get from their website. They need to sell this stuff in their stores. I have had the skirt for many, many years that I don't even remember when I bought it. I just remember where I bought it and I didn't have the same love for it as I do now. To avoid the whole "you're not suppose to wear white after Labor Day" discussion, I decided to wear it as a layering piece. In this case, I think it worked. It has a petticoat kind of feel. I will have to do that more often.

This is where the word MOSTLY fits in. I can't say I love my shoes. Don't get me wrong. I think they look freakin' hot. It's just that after wearing them a handful of times, they haven't gotten anymore comfortable. The peeptoe digs into my toes. OUCH! Luckily, I keep a pair of flip flops at work and I switch to them every once in awhile to get some relief. DAMN too cute shoes that are equally painful. What is a girl to do?

Gap dress, Joie skirt, Zero Maria Conejo belt, Farylrobin heels, Iosselliani necklace, Urban Outfitters cuff

No comments: