" My Style Lounge: my recent beauty load

Thursday, October 9, 2008

my recent beauty load


I have been meaning to do this post for quite some time and it kept slipping my mind until today. About three weeks ago, against my better judgment, I went to Barneys to take advantage of their Love Yourself promotion. Spend $175 and get a makeup bag full of free goodies. You had a choice between a black or gold makeup bag and when I went, gold was mostly what was left. That was fine with me because I liked it way more (though honestly, part of me wanted both). It was seriously loaded to the gill with some awesome products... some things were even full size bottles.

With $175+ (I only went over by about $10), I got...

  1. Fresh Milk Bath and Shower Cream- It used to be called just Fresh Milk Bath, came in two scents (my favorite being Milk), and was in a glass bottle. Now, the name has been extended, there are a lot more scents, and it's in a smaller plastic bottle. It's still the same great product... one of my favorite as a bubble bath. It smells clean and fresh, bubbles a LOAD, and leaves my skin soft.

  2. Malin + Goetz Detox Face Mask- I never tried this stuff but I have tried plenty of Malin + Goetz products so I don't think it will disappoint. It was also recently written up in Allure magazine as a great deep cleansing mask. I can't wait to try it.

  3. Natura Bisse Facial Cleansing Gel- Not knowing or having $175 to spend on beauty, I picked up this cleanser. I'm glad I did, too. I love cleansers that foam and smell fresh and this one fits the bill. The price tag is pretty decent so I will continue to buy it when this tube is done.

  4. Natura Bisse Oxygen Cream- Almost out of face cream, I wanted to get this one. I tried several packets of different Natura Bisse creams and stupid me didn't keep the packet that I liked the most. I think it's this one. I have been using it for a week or two and I'm not sure if it's the same but I do like it.

No comments: