" My Style Lounge: complex geometries

Saturday, November 8, 2008

complex geometries

One interesting thing about blogging is it brings you into contact with designers. Some people get to visit their offices, hang out at their parties, get free stuff, etc. I don't have that same luck but their contact is still fun all the same. First, I was emailed by James Perse. That was pretty cool since I love James Perse clothing.

Recently, I was emailed by Complex Geometries. They found my last post about their line. I was happy to receive it. It had been awhile since I last checked out their clothing. I love what they've designed for autumn/ winter.

As I was told- The collection is inspired by the culture of mobility, exploring the pragmatics and aesthetics of travel. Functionally, items are designed to be versatile, light and easy to move. Crumpled silk packs small. Coated fabrics stay clean and dry. Light construction means items can be layered, even in warm climates. Draped dresses and vests provide enough space to carry the whole wardrobe in cleverly disguised pockets. Traditional clothing from around the world also influences the look of the collection. Specifically, souvenir clothing favoured by Western travelers is further decontextualized in reinterpretation.

I love basics that aren't so basic. I love clothes that are fluid and organic. I also love black, white, and grey as much as they do. Then, there are the hoodies. I'm a sucker for a top, dress, or jacket with a hoodie. Complex Geometries and I are a perfect fit.

Now, I just wished they gave me one, some, or all the things below to check it out. Of course, I'm not at that calibur to get free things. Damn...

square hood t $110

black binder t $118

strap tank t dress $140

square hood tank dress $150

wool square hood t $176

point pocket cardigan $180

fleece cocoon $189

wool square hood tank dress $198

wrap cardigan $220

2 comments:

Laddie said...

I love Complex Geometries, and it's pretty hard to find in the US. La Rousse is Seattle will have the line come spring which is cool. They just launched their online site too. http://www.shoplarousse.com/index.html

I would check it out.

etoilee8 said...

I just bought the hooded dress in white and the binder t in black. Love both (will probably wear the hooded dress until it falls apart). Love them. And the two guys which run the company are so, so, so nice.