" My Style Lounge: a look at j.crew

Monday, November 3, 2008

a look at j.crew

I haven't shopped at J.Crew since last fall. They've noticed that, too, because I can't remember the last time I received a catalog. I was reading a blog that brought to my attention of a J.Crew cardigan on sale. Now, I'm not as excited about the cardigan as this blogger but she did get me to check out the website. I was surprised to see some things I REALLY WANT.

I've always appreciated the clean lines of their clothing. You can't help but feel great in their simple and tailored pieces. I can remember my first infatuation with J.Crew. I was in middle school (MANY years ago). Back then, they only had sales twice a year and they were a BIG deal. Years have passed, but I still maintain an appreciation for their clothing. I start checking their clothes in the fall and winter when preppy chic has some appeal. During the summer, it's my first stop for a swimsuit.

There are two things I LOVE about J.Crew (oh, actually three). I love their cords... they fit so nice and the color selection is very generous. I love their jewelry. Have you noticed that I'm always wearing my locket necklace? I also love their swimsuits... when you just need a basic top or bottom.

his banker-stripe shirt $68

stretch vintage cord skirt $68

triple scrolled-link bracelet $68

stretch vintage matchstick cord $69.50

diamond print lawn Annette blouse $78 and silvered tweed pencil skirt $175

Victoria ruffle cami $88

jersey knit pant $98

triple-strand treasure necklace $130

wool shift dress $148

Paige jacket $198

studio ball skirt $395

2 comments:

Leigh said...

I have really liked the new items in the J.Crew catalog and stores as of lately. Perhaps, it's time to return to J.Crew?

etoilee8 said...

Go to the stores right now. Cords for $25. Bright colours. I scooped up banana yellow and I'm very satisfied with them.