" My Style Lounge: it took a post to enlighten me

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

it took a post to enlighten me

Here is another work conversation that went something like this (more or less):

co-worker: You're not wearing jeans today?
me: What is the purpose? Was I suppose to?
co-worker: For charity.

My work is trying to collect money for a school that was devastated by Hurricane Ike. To be honest, I forgot about it. To be honest, I didn't care to pay $5 to wear jeans. But now that I think about it, I feel like a selfish pig for not donating my share. Going to my come-to source for information, I looked up Hurrican Ike on Wikipedia which let me know it was the 3rd devastating hurricane of the 2008 Atlantic hurricane season. Luckily, today was not "jeans day." It's actually Thursday. So... I'll pitch in my part but I don't really care about the jeans. Until I own a pair of Acne or Current/ Elliot, I don't really have any interest in wearing a pair.

Martin+Osa turtleneck, Target dress, Jonathan Saunders for Target dress, Spanx tights, Club Monaco belt, Naturalizer boots, usual arm candy

No comments: