" My Style Lounge: unexpected moments

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

unexpected moments

If I'm repeating myself, I apologize in advance.

I LOVE this cardigan. Finding it was an unexpected moment. While in Houston, during the Christmas holiday, a friend and I were at Rice Village. We happened to stop by the Gap. While we were both standing there, an employee walked passed by us and I couldn't help staring. She noticed it too and asked if I needed help. I wanted her sweater. It was on sale and there was literally 5 racks of them in grey, brown, and black. For $32, I should have bought all three colors but I resisted. If they had a million and one of them, surely the price will go down again and I can get myself more. So... I settled with just buying brown.

If I could (and not that I can't), I would be wearing it everyday. It is the most coziest thing to wear. I wear it at least 2 times a week.

Ready to buy the other two colors, I discovered that I couldn't. I probably called a half dozen stores with zero luck. How was that seriously possible? I also visited two stores. In two weeks, did everybody jump on the cozy cardigan bandwagon? It seems so because one person recognized it the first time I wore it to work and at one of the Gap stores I went to, a fat, old lady was wearing one. Ironically, that hasn't deterred my love for this cardigan.

I'm happy to say that I did score one more. I got another one in black (via online). I really wanted the grey one. We take what we can get, right? I'm hoping that a grey one in small shows up on eBay soon.

Martin+Osa turtleneck, Original Penguin dress, Gap cardigan, Elizabeth and James pants, Farylrobin wedges, FCUK necklace, daily arm candy

2 comments:

alyssa said...

hi! it's alyssa, i was just wondering if you had forgotten to reply back on the gap sandals.. :)

speaking of the gap, i like your cardigan, i'm looking forward to more of the spring/summer lines trickling in!

wroxton said...

Sorry... it's been so hectic. I will try to get to it this weekend and get back with you.