" My Style Lounge: black, stripes, and animal prints

Thursday, February 12, 2009

black, stripes, and animal prints

I bought this dress years ago from a store that no longer exists yet I've only worn it twice (yesterday and a couple months ago). I'm thinking it needs to be shortened because the length bugs me. That's probably why it's been sitting in my closet.

These shoes have gone on somewhat of a crazy ride. I went to some trouble to get them. Then, I found its canvas twin for a fraction of the original price. You may have noticed that I enjoy wearing the canvas pair more. Then, I had a reader ask to buy the brown leather lovelies. After a couple months of trying to decide if I was willing to let them go, I said okay but suddenly, there is no word from the interested buyer. So... I decided to wear them today. Maybe the shoes and I were meant to stay together!

Vince tee, Porridge dress, Pierre Hardy for Gap sandals, FCUK necklace, Tiffany bracelet and ring

Today, I was in the mood to mix prints. I think animal print and stripes look good together. I don't know what compelled me to wear pink and then I realized... Valentine's Day is in a couple days. Maybe my subconsciousness was trying to influence my outfit choice. As of yet, I have no plans but it might be nice to cook dinner at home. I'm thinking lemon chicken stuffed with garlic and mashed potatoes. My other blog would be happy to have a post. Do you have any dessert suggestions? I'm thinking creme brulee topped with fresh berries.

Club Monaco top, Original Penguin sweater, Marc by Marc Jacobs skirt, Joie skirt, Steve Madden flats, F21 cuff

4 comments:

Brook and Lyn said...

I bought those same gap shoes too in brown! I think I was a little in between sizes. We will see in the summer if I can walk in them. I really liked them though...great deal don't you think?

wroxton said...

I find them easy to walk in. They are suppose to be coming out again in fun colors and a white heel/sole.

Brook and Lyn said...

oh oops I don't have the same ones I have the new ones with the white sole.

wroxton said...

I didn't realize they were out yet. I just looked online and it says it's an online exclusive. Where did you get yours? I want the tan pair but already have two so I shouldn't.