" My Style Lounge: dresses are nice for spring

Sunday, February 22, 2009

dresses are nice for spring

It's been a long while since I've done a must have list. I used to do them all the time. Then, I hit a must have roadblock. But, I started to think about dresses again. Yes, I have a ton. But, my wardrobe needs an update.

Right now, I'm searching for sleeved dresses. I get sucked up by all the fabulous sleeveless dresses which I don't need at all. Yeah, I still want them but I tend to accompany them with a cardigan. With the upcoming hot Texas weather, it's self defeating. I want short sleeved dresses that work perfectly all on its own. Okay... so I added a few sleeveless dresses. I can't help it. And I also tried to make this list about the 10 dresses I HAVE to have. After lots editing, I think I got it right (with 12).

You might notice a theme among the dresses I have chosen. I'm looking for fluid shapes and clean lines with an open neck. The great thing about these kind of dresses is that they are easily updated with a belt. I also like solemn neutrals but I have a penchant for florals and polka dots, too.

American Apparel printed cotton spandex jersey pocket frock $42

Topshop vintage sundress $65

Humanoid 'Eamon' dress $110

James Perse scoop t-shirt dress $115

Complex Geometries split square dress $136

hailstones shirtdress $158

Steven Alan 'Perry' dress $226

Acne 'Babylon' dress $289

Juicy Couture strawberry print blouson dress $298

See by Chloe jardin v neck dress $540

Zero+Maria Conejo bomber manta dress $760

Y's by Yohji Yamamoto UN French dress $785

1 comment:

TLT said...

I love them all, but most of all the Complex Geometries dress and James Perse scoop T-shirt one. They all look so comfy and versatile!