" My Style Lounge: love yourself

Thursday, February 19, 2009

love yourself

The goodies have arrived. I got a whole lotta stuff from Barneys during their Love Yourself beauty event. I'm going to be having a lot of fun pampering myself. Barneys knows how to host a beauty event. It makes Neiman Marcus' gifts look like scraps and leftovers. (Of course, Barneys makes you spend the dough but it's oh so worth it.)

I ran into this blog post by Love is Battle Droid about her 8 best purchases of 2008. I was immediately intrigued by the Sponge Avocado Oil. With a little research, I found out that Barneys carried the line. I couldn't be happier as I had something to kickstart my beauty purchase. Putting oil on your face can sound a bit daunting but this is no regular oil. Luckily, I was given some samples before my purchase and I completely understood what Leila was talking about. It's pure heaven on your face. A few drops spread all over my face is quickly absorbed and left my skin baby butt soft. Because I wanted to buy something from Sponge, I also got a full size bottle of lavender aromatherapy mist and a sample of the body milk. SCORE! I was contemplating purchasing the lavender mist and didn't have to. By the way, it's just what I imagined... a refreshing spritz of lavender water.



It's sad when you come up with imaginative ways to get what you have left out of your mascara tube. I've painfully needed a new tube within the last few weeks. Somehow, I was able to make it before this tube arrived. I have never loved a mascara as much as I do this one. (I thought I was in love with Diorshow when I received a sample but when I bought a tube, there was nothing remotely similar.) As for the lip gloss, I played with this color the last time I was at Neimans but saved it for this purchase. I bought the very similar myriade a couple weeks ago but this one has less color (for the days, I just want glossy, shimmery lips).



I had a sudden need for a Chanel make-up palette. Since I was ordering my stuff from a Barneys out of state and had nothing really good to help me decide which palette was best (and the fact that this was the only one they had), I got Lumière Tendresse. Without actually seeing it in person, I'm very happy. Lumière Romantique would have been too neutral. My make-up usually goes two ways: dramatic or lightening/ brightening. This palette will be nice for weekend trips, my handbag, or for those days I want to brighten up my face.



I have the OPI knock-offs of these colors but there's nothing like the real thing.



And... here is my goody bag. Every inch of space was used for some kind of sample. There was some full size products in it, too. I like receiving samples more than I use them (I tend to give them away). The bag is so pretty though. I will be happy to use it.



Why did I get so much Chanel? Who knows... I'm on a Chanel kick. I can kick the person I ordered this from. If I just bought one more item, I could have gotten the Chanel gift. That's what I get for ordering from the guy at the By Terry counter.

No comments: